This is a recipe from the ‘Minimalist Baker’ that I tweaked to make a bit healthier. Most of these ingredients are ones you might already have in your kitchen. I added a small amount of melted butter to the sauce, but you certainly don’t have to.
Place shucked corn on the cob into a pot of unsalted boiling water. Allow the cooled water to return to a boil, place the lid on top of the pot and turn off the heat. Take corn out after ten minutes. Place corn on the grill to give it some black, char “stripes.”
Once off the grill, paint this mixture onto each ear.
- 5 cloves garlic, minced/smashed
- 2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) olive oil (I used more)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) lime juice (I used more)
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp sriracha (or other hot sauce), plus more to taste
- Pinch each chili powder, smoked paprika, and ground cumin
Be careful how much spice you add as it can get pretty hot. You can crumble cheese and chopped fresh parsley on top as well. THIS IS SOOOO YUMMY and a nice substitute for the same old butter, salt and pepper!