It’s hard to believe, but in the last four days, over 100 people have clicked on this recipe. 😮 So here it is on page one for those of you still looking for an impressive salad to serve tomorrow.
- 2 heads Iceberg Lettuce, Chopped
- 8 ounces, fluid Baby Spinach, Washed And Dried
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 8 whole Hard Boiled Eggs, Chopped
- 16 ounces, weight Bacon, Cooked And Chopped
- 4 whole Tomatoes, Chopped
- 1 bunch Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
- 8 ounces, weight Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- 1 bag (10 Ounce) Frozen Peas, Partially Thawed
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup (Real) Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar (more To Taste)
- Fresh Dill, Chopped
In a clear glass bowl, layer salad ingredients in the order they appear above, concentrating ingredients around the perimeter of the bowl and filling in the center with lettuce, if needed. End with the layer of peas.
Combine dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well. Pour over the top of the peas and spread to cover, bringing dressing all the way out to the edges of the bowl. Sprinkle with fresh dill.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Toss just before serving.
The only thing I would add to this recipe is a caution about using too much lettuce on the bottom. A thin, well shredded layer is plenty. Also, I prefer chopped red onion instead of green onions..they pack more flavor and the purple color looks great. Lastly, leave room at the top so your guests can toss the salad a bit without spilling..you want them to taste all seven layers!