What could be better than a back yard summer barbecue?
Place the following ingredients in a 2 gallon Ziploc bag. Massage the bag to mix and add the meat.
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup soy sauce. (I really prefer low salt)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBSP grated, fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp crushed, dried, red pepper
- 1, 2 pound flank steak.
Let meat marinate in fridge for 4-12 hours- gently pat off excess – then grill. (discard leftover marinade)
Remember to slice Flank Steak diagonally.
Goes great with fruit or a light salad…or both!
**Another family favorite from a June, 2012 Southern Living Magazine!