Quick and easy dinner adapted from Southern Living Magazine.
- 4 TBSP sugar
- 6 TBSP soy sauce (Next time I’m using low salt)
- 3 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 8 tsp minced, fresh garlic (I used less)
- 1 tsp dried, crushed red pepper (you may want less)
- peanut oil (canola will do)
- 1- 10 oz sirloin steak, sliced thinly across the grain
- 1 lb. cleaned, fresh green beans
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced into strips (I used one.)
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 3 cups cooked rice
Combine first 5 ingredients in a Ziploc bag.- Add steak and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
Take the meat out, (save the marinade) pat dry with paper towel and quickly stir fry over med-high heat in some oil until browned. Set aside.
Stir fry beans and peppers in same pan, about three minutes. I add beans first and put the lid on for a minute, before adding the peppers so they don’t get too soft before the beans are ready.
Whisk cornstarch into remaining marinade and add to vegetables. Cook until thickened, about 30 seconds.
Add meat, cook another minute.
Serve over rice.
* Sliced onions and mushrooms would go well with this meal too.