Red Broccoli Salad
The recipe below is from allrecipes.com, but I have to give credit to my friend Janice who brought this salad over to my house for a luncheon two Christmases ago. (I have made it many times since then!) Not only is this the prettiest, most colorful, little salad..the flavors are out of this world. My daughter made it for an office party where she works..not one bite left over, and everyone took the recipe home with them.
- 2 pounds bacon, browned and crumbled (I barely use 1/2 that amount.)
- 1 large head broccoli chopped into bite-sized pieces.
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup diced red onions
- 1 and 1/2 cup seedless, red grapes halved.
- 3/4 cup blanched, slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup white sugar (yeah..I know, but you really do need it.)
- 2 TBSP distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar – set aside.
In large bowl, combine everything else, add dressing and mix, chill for several hours.